Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ballet Rocks My Feeties.

Sorry about that...I wanted to post some videos that are just...yeah. Got to YouTube, decided that it might be better if I found the link through my history...opened that up, and got really bad lag. Oh well.

Ok, so I'm obsessed with watching these people (like knitting). They're from California (lol, you know this Sam.) They are the most amazing people I've ever seen in the whole world. I think.

Ok, first video. This girl, Alyssa Springer? I think...I know her name is Alyssa. Is one of my favorites out of the whole company.

You know how like...when you see something done really well, you suddenly have the urge to and learn whatever you were watching and be able to do it like that person? The feeling is very invigorating. Hmmmhm.

So yeah. I wanna be like them. Alyssa. Elan. Lizzy. Sara. Just to name a few of the dancers in the company :-)

Accctually. One major cool thing, Aria, older sister of Elan, who's parents are the artistic directors of the Anaheim Ballet Company, she transferred to the Houston Ballet Company, and I saw her in the Nutcracker....last year! No major parts or anything, just part of the Corps. So, Flower, Snowflake, that kinda thing. But anyway, I thought it was pretty cool...see this girl in all these podcast...thingers on YouTube, then get to see her dance live. She's sooooo awesome.

Wouldn't it be awesome to do an intensive there? OOOOOOH my word. yes. It'd be epic fail on my part, since I'm no where near what they can do, but at least I could say I tried :-D

2nd video. It...doesn't have words. It's just...all that amazing talent, so much passion about dance, hard work, etc, etc....it's just yeah.

People seem to assume that they can do what dancers do...when they see it. Farness from the truth. Anyway. Think about it. It's much harder than it looks, lol. Speaking from experience.

Enjoyed?

P.S. Andy Roddick SOOOO should have won Wimbledon. Roger what's-his-name already won it 15 other times...ugh. Evilness.






3 comments:

Bre said...

What's Anaheim Ballet? lol I'm wondering if it's just that I'm ignorant...

OH! I've been meaning to tell you...go on youtube, and type in "So You Think You Can Dance Romeo and Juliet" or "So You Think You Can Dance Melissa and Ade" or something. They danced a...classical...patadeur? I have NO idea if that's spelled right but it was basically classical ballet, and Melissa is a ballerina on pointe...and they danced a scene from Romeo and Juliet...and it was so beautiful :) I thought of you instantly. lol

Bre said...

ok, so I checked...and it is the first that I suggested to type in. The second doesn't pull anything up.

It's pretty simple, not very complicated, but only because Ade has no formal ballet training at all. So taking that into consideration...they both did an amazing job :D

btw, I found out it's spelled Pas de Deux. lol Must be French or something...

Ellie Degenhart said...

That's awesome!!

I love watching ballet. It looks so graceful but I know that it takes a lot of strength and power to be able to preform. I NEVER get tired of watching it!!