Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ballet today. Woot!


Thursday. = pointe/advanced. *fist pump*

One thing. That was so awesome. Major exciting. Lol. To me, anyways. Everyon
e else can just sit back...and be...bored. But I haaave to tell.

During the center floor work...like, we did these awesome combinations. And like this week it was much easier to get them, and like...do them fast...along with Miss Wendy (who, is my teacher's daughter, just btw. Who also teaches. But in this class, she takes as a warm up for her teaching classes. But she also gives us tips..so it's kinda like having double teacher. at once. Crazy stuff.) anyway. she ALWAYS goes really fast. Cause...she just likes that. Usually, it's really rare if people in my studio can keep up with her with the beginning of a combination. But...I did this week! Major happiness! It was like...nevermind. I won't bother with the french spelling. Plus, some of you peoples wouldn't understand most if it anyway, lol. Anyway, there were a lot of turns in it. Gotten a lot better at those. During like...my first year there. I
was HORRIBLE. at...pretty much everything. especially turns. I mean, I couldn't even get sahsays. (it's kinda like a skip, but a tad more complicated.) (and...I don't think that's how you spell that, lol. )which are super super super easy. So yes. I was so happy about that. WHEE!!!!

Second thing. Wasn't so great. Got an ingrown toenail, which is....ahem, painful in pointe shoes. Ooowhoow. But it eventually goes numb, so it's all good. We did a lot of sou-sous (which is like...suddenly sliding your feet together in...5th, on relave. Uh, on your toes. Did a lot of those both feet. Then, the ones I don't like so much are sou-sous en kouppe. (prob butchered that spelling.) which means. the same thing as a sou-sous, but instead of both feet..just one. Which also means that your one foot has to move in a little, even though...it's supporting you...so if it moves too much your toast. Major toast. Like, fallin'-over-on-your-face-flat toast. Oh, kouppe is like, with your foot, pointed. at the ankle. Thankfully, got through that...no falling.

Uuuuhm.

Yep. Just thought I'd share. Cause, it was so amazingly awesome.




Gotta love pigtails :-)
I.....shall leave you now. Toodles!

2 comments:

Ellie Degenhart said...

You should totally make a video of you doing ballet!
I would love to see it :-)

RainyDayDreamer said...

You know...? that's a good idea! Thanks! Lol, thanks for being interested :-)